Monday, June 27, 2011

Birthday. Fun or Fearful?

So this month just so happens to be the month of my wondrous Birthday. I haven't given much thought to my Birthday in the past. I mean, all I did was travel down the birth canal right? That really isn't such a reason to celebrate. It's not like I just got accepted into Hogwarts or something! Why are we making such a big dealio???

Not this year.

This year I decided to think a little differently about my bday. I took more of a, "I guess I'm pretty okay...sure, let's all celebrate ME!!" approach this year. And I must say, it was a much more enjoyable Birthday.
Now, I realize this sounds like a very egotistical thing to many of you....but it's really not. I bet that wherever you are in life it wasn't exactly the easiest thing getting there.
Am I right?
I bet I'm right.
I'm not saying you should let your head grow like those party balloons, I just think it's important to take some time to recognize your own accomplishments. Plus it's a really good excuse to eat cake.

And let's not forget the most important part of a bday....the friends and family. They are an amazing and wonderful part of our lives and if you can't celebrate yourself on your birthday, you should at least be able to celebrate the fact that you have somehow managed to keep all these amazing people in your life.

Also, everyone loves to embarrass their friends on their bday. This is a great joy for all. Please don't be selfish and take it away from your loving family.

So have that extra drink and enjoy all the attention for this one day. Trust me, it's much more fun than keeping it hidden away like a shameful secret.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verbal High Five!!