Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Update

Well we made it to Austin.
The Welcome to Texas sign. Sorry for the poor quality. We were driving all fast and stuff.



And with the help of doggy drugs and good weather 
we survived the 24 hour drive in one piece.
This is your dog on drugs.

We arrived about a week ago and so far we have experienced:
a flood warning complete with sand bags around our front door, electrical problems,
an exciting (for me), horrifying(for the Mr) and altogether overwhelming first trip to Ikea,
and probably about one million trips to Targets. 

That's right. Targets. 
Austin has quite a few and apparently I have made it my mission to visit them all.


And due to the fact that we have not yet received our belongings we are becoming quite skilled at making our meals with only using the one pan that we purchased at Goodwill.

Beans and sausage with avocado on top. 
Real good.

We have also found a wonderful dog park with a gorgeous view of the city and a grocery where we have already befriended the meat man. ( We like to get good and comfy at our grocery stores.)

Of course I will be a whole lot happier once our stuff actually gets here.
As much as I love  Mr. Boyfriend, I'm getting a teensy bit tired of the whole
squeezing onto a twin blow up mattress thing.

I also miss my couch.

But in all seriousness, the vibe here in Austin is great. Everyone I've met has been so nice and despite the sadness I feel from being away from my family I really think this city is going to be fun. 

Cheers!





Pin It

1 comment:

Verbal High Five!!