Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I've Learned Wednesday: How to survive one week without your stuff

garden
This photo has nothing to do with the post. I'm just tired and thinking about snow.




So for this WILW we're going to talk about something I've had a glorious amount of experience with.

How to live without your stuff for one full week.
(Plus a couple days. But who's counting? Right?)

So here's the full boring story:
Me and the Mr. hired a moving company to help us with our horribly long and crazy move, but it turns out that you "could" have to wait "up to" 15 days for your belongings to actually get to you.

Now, it didn't actually take the full 15 days for us. It was only 12.
Just 12 days.
12 days without my stuff.
I know, I know.
"First world problems," you say.

But still. It was rough. 
And here are the things that I learned helped to get one through those trying times.

1. Camping gear.
It packs down small so you can fit it in the car and still make it the 24 hours to your destination. 
Also, even an air mattress and sleeping bags beats sleeping on the floor.

2. Starbucks.
You forgot to bring along your coffee maker and that sucks. But Starbucks is delicious and not only gets you the caffeine you need, but also gives you reason to get out of your empty apartment.
Win+Win

3. Two words: Arrested Development.
When you forgot to pack any and all dvd's what other show would you choose??!
Plus it streams for free on Amazon Prime. 

4. Dog.
Or any animal I assume. Just as long as it can see your sadness and then cuddle it away.
My dog can.

5. Wine and Chocolate.
I don't think I really need to explain this one.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verbal High Five!!