Tuesday, July 5, 2011

AMERICA!

Happy Belated Fourth of July!

I hope everyone enjoyed their barbecues and firecrackers. I personally visited Laurel, MT which is where the boyfriends parentals live. Sunday we went to a bbq with friends and then to the towns street dance. There really isn't any dancing though. It's mostly just a small acale High School Reunion for all the Laurel kids + beer. We all call it the street stand instead.

On the big day you start off by enjoying the worlds longest and most ridiculous parade. It's an hour long and basically everyone who could ever want a float is allowed to have one. And most of the floats are unlabeled so you have no idea what they are for. Here's what I saw this year.

Political float
Tractors
People in old cars
Tractors
Larpers
An old man with a sombrero and overalls on a segway.

After ALL that fun we enjoy the boyfriend's family bbq. This means lots of food, booze and croquette. Everyone's favorite is the bulgogi (spelled wrong I'm sure) which is a korean barbecued beef. Sooooooo gooood.

Then of course there are the fireworks which are ridiculous in Laurel. All I'll say is that Laurel LOVES America. The boy and I had to miss this wondrous show of patriotism this year but the
small display in our hometown was okay. Especially since we were exhausted and watched from our bed : )

Needless to say I had a great weekend. The fourth is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays of the year!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verbal High Five!!