Thursday, November 24, 2011

Can You Guess??

sunny's place
That's right. It's Thanksgiving and you know what that means.
A post about what I'm thankful for.
Overdone?
Sure. But it's still important.
All morning the only thing I'm seeing all over the internets are articles about Black Friday and where the best deals are.
This is no bueno dudes.
If you're one of those crazies that stampedes the box stores at insane hours then that's your choice.

But that is not what today is about.
It's about how the pilgrims shared a meal with the indians and then took all their land.
JK guys.....kinda.....

It's about remembering how lucky we all are and taking time to think about all those things that make your life wonderful.
Not sure you have things to be thankful for? Well unless you're in Africa with diarrhea because you have no clean water to drink I'm pretty sure you think of SOMETHING.

Now I want you guys to THINK about this. Be specific. We're all thankful for food and family.
I believe in order to REALLY get into the spirit you MUST put a little more thought into this.
Also, none of these "5 items" lists.
That's just weak sauce. Pink water folks (like mild salsa). We can't have that. This is an American holiday. Go big or go home.
10 items.
Yeah.

So here's my list of things to be thankful for today.

1. A family that texts me Happy Thanksgiving wishes in the morning even though I'm going to talk to them later anyways.

2. A dog that FORCES my attention away from the internet from time to time. She literally lays across my keyboard guys. And she is not a teeny puppy. I'm talking 5oish pounds of fur coming at you. And when you try to go back to your bus-nass she will stich her wet nose in your face until you pet her again. Basically it just forces you to get the frack off the computron for a sec.

3. Friends that will wear onesies with you. That is all I will say about that.

4. A boyfriend who will go to the store to buy me gluten free oatmeal when I go crazy and cry because we don't have any. Yes. This happened. I am NOT proud of it.

5. Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred. It will kick your butt into shape. Seriously you guys. It makes you realize potential you never knew you had.

6. The Macy's commercial with Justin Beiber. It keeps making me laugh so I think it deserves a place on here.

7. Living in a gorgeous town surrounded my mountains. Not only do I have a multitude of ski areas to choose from....but tornadoes are unlikely. Winning.

8. The Backstreet Boys. I don't think I need to explain this one. Everyone is thankful for this I'm sure.

9. My pretty hand made blanket. Not only does it keep me warm but it reminds me that my Muv loves me. Because she made it.

10. This glass of hot tea I am drinking. At church last week Pastor Dave said something that stuck with me. Soldiers from Vietnam, people stuck in England during WW2, and people stuck in prison camps all said they missed the same thing....a hot cup of tea in the morning. The simple things make a big difference don't they?


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! It may be overdone but I love thankful posts this time of year. I am also thankful for the giggles at the Justin Beiber commercial. Every time those grown men scream I can't help but laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Verbal High Five!!