Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Adventures in Gluten Free-Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust

Alright. If any of you out there are doing this gluten free thing then you know the pain I feel when I crave pizza. It is most definitely one of the things I miss the most.
Luckily there are a few options out there. And lucky for YOU I'm gonna try them out!!

The first attempt was with Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust.

So first make sure you have all your ingredients..this is something my Mom taught me to do before I make anything. That way you never get halfway through and realize you don't have something important!!

ingredients pictured- Bob's mix, olive oil, parmesan cheese, olives, mushrooms. Locally grown tomatoes, garlic, egg and purple bell pepper from Montana CSA




All you need for the crust-
Mix
Eggs
Olive Oil
Water


F.Y.I- This does not resemble regular pizza dough. It turns out almost paste like so you have to sort of mold the dough to the pan.



Sauce-
Omigod you guys! The boyfriend makes the absolute BEST pizza sauce.
Here's the recipe-
ingredients:
6 oz tomato paste
6 oz warm water
3 Tbsp Shredded Parmesan
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Anchovy Paste
3/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp EACH- Oregano, Marjoram, basil, black pepper
1/8 tsp EACH- Cayenne, Red Pepper Flake
Salt to taste


Then you know, add em all together.




Now here's another little twist.
You have to bake the crust ALONE first and then you take it out and add your toppings and then bake it AGAIN.

mmmmmm.....cheese.

Here is the finished product.

This actually turned out really good. The crust was a little bland so I would recommend adding some spices to the dough before baking.

This is definitely a good alternative when you get that craving that needs to be satisfied.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try this! Usually when I crave "glutenous" things it's baked goods rather than pizza, but I definitely wouldn't say no to some pizza I could actually eat. It's hard to be a pizza-free student.

    ♥ LW

    ReplyDelete

Verbal High Five!!