Friday, October 21, 2011

Thoughts on Winter

I was born in June. (on a stormy day but that's beside the point)

I love summer. It's a wonderful time. You get to drink cocktails outside and can drive your car without worry of sliding into a parked car.

In Montana if you blink, you just might miss it.

Now I grew up in a skiing family. I mean, you were brought up to the hill in backpack before you could walk. My affection for "Cold Smoke" runs very deep in my blood.

But as I get older I crave just a bit more of the sunny and sweaty, slightly uncomfortable months of summer.

So I must say I've been slightly dreading the return of the white stuff this year and all the stuff it brings with it.....car scraping, a million layers (not cute layers either, I'm talking "I'm gonna get hypothermia if I don't wear long johns" layers), and the fear that you just might die every time you drive your car.

Yup, not looking forward to it.

But then something happened yesterday.

I found this.....

Which lead to this.....
That's pure joy folks. Joy that can only come from a homemade pumpkin spice latte.



And now a funny thing is happening. I'm starting to remember all the reasons I LOVE winter.

Seasonal flavors,
Christmas,
Dressing my dog up for Christmas cards,
Family time,
Friends coming to town for visits,

and most importantly...
the JUSTIN BEIBER Christmas Album. That's right. I'm excited.


Yup, I think I'm ready for the white stuff now...

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what!? Silk pumpkin spice. I need this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss peanut butter!!! can't find it here in the stores, i need to make some by myself!

    ReplyDelete

Verbal High Five!!