Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Just what I Needed

I just want to take a few minutes to talk about something really great.
Help.

Help is everywhere. You just have to go looking for it.

For instance, I have been struggling for a few weeks now with my choice in majors. (I mean really struggling. The poor boyfriend is going mad with all the obsessing I've been doing over it) So I decided to DO something about my confusion.

Crazy, right?

I made an appointment with a career counselor at the University. And let me tell you, I am glad I did.

These people are actually there to HELP you. Like, that's what they get paid to do!! (Did I just bow your mind hole?)

And the funny thing is, these people are everywhere. Especially around a college campus. They have a person to help you with just about every thing you could ever have a question about. And they talk with you about it in earnest interest.

Close your mouth. It's true.

Now I have never really been one to take advantage of these people and I have never known someone to take much advantage. But I am here to tell you that this is a silly silly thing. Life is hard. Why aren't we all embracing all the help we can get?? It turns out there is no shame in asking for a little help here and there.

I know. Because I did today and I feel great.

Mind you, I don't have ALL my questions answered and I'm not necessarily on the PERFECT path to ultimate happiness but I feel a bit better about my mind numbing confusion and that feels like a win today.

So, morale of my story today.

Get help with the things you need help with. Because it actually does help.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verbal High Five!!