Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Maya Angelou


Well here I sit. My back is super sore form sitting on stupid bleachers....but it was all worth it.

I saw Maya Angelou tonight. She gave a lecture at the Brick Breedan Fieldhouse in Bozeman and I was one of the lucky people who had the good fortune to attend.

It really was an inspiring event.

Jeni Fleming, a local artist in Bozeman, and her band gave a great performance before the lecture and they were amazing. I particularly enjoyed their rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

Then finally, Maya Angelou came out. It was amazing. I kept thinking, "freaking Oprah is even in awe of this person. Freaking. Oprah."

I have never seen Maya Angelou before and I was blown away.

She was inspiring, funny, and just an amazing person to see speak. Also, she's like, super cute. For reals guys.

I am so thankful to be part of a University that can make events like this possible.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verbal High Five!!