Friday, September 16, 2011

Undesirable #1

Okay. So today's post is gonna be a little something something about me.
I know. Gross.

So here's the dealio. A few months ago I decided to make an extreme change to my diet.

I gave up gluten.

That's right. Gluten is now undesirable #1. (Don't you just love a Harry Potter reference??)

This was a hard change to make because well, I freaking love all baked goods. But the fact is, more and more people are diagnosed with celiac disease every day and it can present itself in many odd ways.

So I decided to make the change.

So here's why I'm telling you this. No, it's not because I think the whole world should be gluten free. And no, I don't just love sharing every little personal thing about myself. (Unless I've been drinking but that's a whole other story)

Being gluten free makes a big difference in how I eat out and what I eat at home. I really enjoy sharing recipes and I've also been itching to share with the world some of the awesome local eateries we have here in Bozeman. But doing these things would be silly without recognizing the fact that I'm doing it from a gluten free perspective.

So I hope you all enjoy my future, gluten free related posts!! And if not then that's just too bad.

Sorry for the boringness of this post. I just thought I'd give a little heads up before I go all gluten free on your asses.




On a side note. If you are interested in going gluten free the first and most important thing is to talk to your doctor first. There is actually a test they can do to see if you are celiac and if you've already gone off gluten then it won't be accurate. So talk to them first.





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verbal High Five!!